- ProvenCassandra is in use at Constant Contact,CERN, Comcast, eBay, GitHub, GoDaddy,Hulu, Instagram, Intuit, Netflix, Reddit, The Weather Channel, and over 1500 more companies that have large, active data sets.
One of the largest production deployments is Apple’s, with over 75,000 nodes storing over 10 PB of data. Other large Cassandra installations include Netflix (2,500 nodes, 420 TB, over 1 trillion requests per day), Chinese search engine Easou (270 nodes, 300 TB, over 800 million reqests per day), and eBay (over 100 nodes, 250 TB).
- Fault TolerantData is automatically replicated to multiple nodes for fault-tolerance. Replication across multiple data centers is supported. Failed nodes can be replaced with no downtime.
- PerformantCassandra consistently outperforms popular NoSQL alternatives in benchmarks and real applications, primarily because of fundamental architectural choices.
- DecentralizedThere are no single points of failure. There are no network bottlenecks. Every node in the cluster is identical.
- DurableCassandra is suitable for applications that can’t afford to lose data, even when an entire data center goes down.
- You’re in ControlChoose between synchronous or asynchronous replication for each update. Highly available asynchronous operations are optimized with features like Hinted Handoffand Read Repair.
- ElasticRead and write throughput both increase linearly as new machines are added, with no downtime or interruption to applications.
- Professionally SupportedCassandra support contracts and services are available from third parties.