The easiest way to get started with Hadoop
Sandbox is a personal, portable Hadoop environment. Sandbox includes many of the most exciting developments from the latest HDP distribution, packaged up in a virtual environment.
Sandbox is provided as a self-contained virtual machine. No data center, no cloud service and no internet connection is needed.
- Install a virtualization environment (3 Options)
2. Download & Import the respective Sandbox Image
- Now runs on 32-bit and 64-bit OS (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OSX)
- Minimum 4GB RAM; 8Gb required to run Ambari and Hbase
- Virtualization enabled on BIOS
- Browser: Chrome 25+, IE 9+, Safari 6+ recommended. (Sandbox will not run on IE 10)